Wednesday, January 21, 2009

poems of yester-year

Here are some poems from back in elem and middle school... through up till a year ago. I think.

If I Could See Into His Soul
I wonder what I'd see
If I could see into his soul
Would I have to look into his eyes
Just to see the times he cries?
Or would his feelings just unfold
All the stories so untold
Or would the secrets just keep to themselves
In the corners or on the shelves
I wonder what I'd see
If I could see into his soul

Poison
The blood the gore
Oh what a bore!
"Why not poison?" I ask
"There's much less violence, except for the task."
The victim of the poison is usually in bed
And the the stuff starts activating
The victim becomes dead.

Eyes of a Stranger
I looked into
the eyes of a stranger
Never thinking
Or realizing the danger
Just their eyes
Showed the times
They had cried
In the eyes of a stranger.

Looking ino
The eyes of a no one.
Not really searching
But finding a someone
Their loves and losses
Steadily flowed out
They'd been hurt many times
No doubt.
In the eyes of a no one.

I felt the touch of an angel
Oh so foriegn
And yet so familiar
Just one touch and
I felt all His love
That sweet messenger
from above
In the touch of an angel.

I looked into myself
For an answer
I knew my doubt
Was a fatal cancer
I learned I needed to
Love myself
Before anybody else.
Looking into my soul.

Dreams
Everyone wants a good dream
Nobody wants a bad one
I long for those girlish fantasies
The nightmares are unwelcome
The special ones, I hold dear
For they are so very few
But I always cry when they end
It's what I always do.
For one time my dream fulfilled
My every single wish
And then I woke to reality
Leaving behind that bliss.
My hopes had been raised and crushed.
The real world was shockingly cold
I had lost the dream I'd loved.
So now I do not care
If my dreams are good or bad.
For I know now the harsh truth...
there is no loved fantasy to be had.



that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment