Tuesday, January 20, 2009

it

it hides
it haunts
it rears its head
i cry
i want
i wish i were dead
but how
and when
will it dissappear
today?
no way.
i'll wait one more year
it hides
it waits
it tries to be nice
i fall
go blind
no love in my eyes
i look
and smile
he fell in my pit
one day
he'll see
it's not me, it's it.
she prods
she digs
takes glee in my cries
i fight
i scratch
i hate when she pries.
"you'll see
the light,
you now can move on."
she's wrong
i'm right
it won't take too long
it lies
it hates
deceiving my heart
oh man
poor man
won't know where to start
it says
i'm wrong
it speaks honestly
hard heart
cold hands
shake too quietly.
i know
i'm scared.
i know it's not fun
i just
don't know
if i'll find that one
and if
he shows
will it let him pass?
will i
step back
and pray it will last?
it shows
it's face
he steps back and... grins?
he stops
and squints
he's destined to win
i hide
my fear
which he can dispell
i know
that love
i know it too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment