Friday, January 16, 2009

decide

I look to myself for the answer
But my logic, my reason, it flees
If I go left or right
It's like day and like night
Is there really just one choice for me?

Who's to say that the path I will choose
Is the one that I'll stay on for life?
I know there'll be forks and
detours and changes
So is choosing right now even wise?

But I feel a strong urging
to plan and devise
I need a direction to follow!
Will someone, oh someone, please point out the way
To get through a year of tomorrows?

And I look to myself for the answer
But my logic, my reason, it flees.
If I go left or right
It's like day and like night
Is there really just one choice for me?

On the map I have charted a course
For each way that pulls at my heart
If I do what I want
I just might be happy
But are my desires the best?

So I think, and I ponder
Am I destined to wander?
Please tell me that I'll find my way home!
And then, like a lightswitch
I realize my problem
Was it really as simple as that?

Yes I looked to myself for the answer
My logic, my reason, remained
If I go left or right,
it's my choice, my right,
I can make the decision for me.

With my choice finally made
My heart sings a song
Direction! A plan! Hooray!
Every path could be fine
Just make up your mind!
And the rest will just fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment