Sunday, April 14, 2013

the gift freely given

What I would do for a smile

Amid it all
The weighty yolk
Burdens that threaten to break my back
All I need is a smile.

Sneers are worthless Pits of darkness
Vacuums, voids, lacking
But a smile...
That twinkle
The eyes that shift
Upturned lips

What I would do for a smile.

Voila ma motivation
Voila pourquoi je vis.
Voila la joie et la force
Un sourire... ouais.
C'est ca la vrai energie.

Once upon a time
Or maybe twice
or Thrice
Too many to admit
I've chased it away.
The elusive smile
Self centered actions
Thoughts, feelings
They stood before me.
Usually the choice didn't appear
As a choice.
But then
My truest love
The light you give off
The glow of a simple
Adoration
It fades
Shades of hurt
Cover your face
Starting in your eyes
Those sweet, shining eyes
Innocent
Giddy
Alive.
Slowly dying
It's the graduality
The eventuality
Which kills me.
Realizing that the hurt
The betrayal
You trusted me
To love you
And I loved myself more
for an Instant.
An instant is long enough to ache.

What I would do for your smile.

Your smile
Your joy
Your heart
Let me show you
I can love you
Serve you.

Let me earn
your Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment